Bugfixes and Features to be Fixed and Implemented in v2

Information on new releases or updates to existing products or services will be posted here.
echophp

Bugfixes and Features to be Fixed and Implemented in v2

Post by echophp »

Dear Members,

We would like to to announce to all of you that we have bought echophp.com and phpBB MF software source from Jennifer. We will continue to develop and support this script. Echophp v2 will be implemented all bugfixes and features that Jennifer listed below:
Jennifer (echo on the old vBulletin forum) wrote: Bugfixes
  • Better forum deletion - extra error checking to prevent 2 boards with the same name (ie, name.domain.com and name.domain2.com) from being both deleted
  • Fix cache not working properly
  • Better error checking when changing a forum's name to prevent duplicate forums
  • Fix category description issue that changes a category description to go (should be fixed with the below mentioned AJAX removal)
  • Fix news bug that does not allow an article to be set inactive
  • Give the poor manage ads box a title Vrrrooom :)
  • Correct the "Sponsered" misspelling in the Ads.template.php file ;)
  • Look into issues with AJAX not performing the correct action on the correct forum
  • Remove some unneeded ajax features from the admin area.
  • Fix issues with MF admin configuration area not updating correctly and/or showing the wrong text in the wrong field
  • Include www as a disallowed forum name by default
  • More effiicient coding to reduce overhead
  • Make currency ($, for example) settable from admin area, as well as the 3 letter currency code (USD, GBP, EUR, etc)
  • Links to signup, upgrade, and directory (in MF admin area) open in new window)
  • Make frontend language-based as the mf admin area is
  • Better Email Options
  • Clean up code for Email All
Features
  • Version check - checks for a newer version of phpBB MF when logging into the MF admin area, and alerts if there is a newer version available
  • Add 2checkout as a payment gateway
  • Customizable Invoice Prefix
  • Custom upgrades, defined in the admin area. Define the upgrade, the price, and let your users pay for it using your processor(s) - (this is not 100% for sure; time will determine whether this is added in v2's initial release)
  • Character encoding configurable from the MF admin area
  • Add more MF admins with access privileges (possibly) - for example, allow them to view only the forums list.
  • Grant ad-free impressions to a forum
  • Optional ads after first post - settable in the MF admin area; this would allow the MF admin to designate whether or not an ad should be displayed after the first post in a user's forum
  • Per user ad removal (possibly) - Give forum users the option to remove ads for a forum for either a specific amount of time/impressions
  • Posts/Members listed on main forums page
  • Manual account activation
  • Check to see if an email address exists with option to turn on/off
  • Use top-level domains to host forums with (Please see this post for full disclaimer ;))
  • Backup forums into individual files, either by cron job or via MF admin panel (possibly) with some type of restore tool
  • Display latest x posts on MF domain's front page (possibly - time permitting)
Okay, guys and gals, I've updated the list for the last time, and the above features and bugfixes are what you will see in version 2. Anything marked with a possibly means it might make it into v2's initial release, or it may end up coming out a little bit later, or not at all (<== that should only happen if it's just not possible to get a particular feature to work effectively)

Any MAJOR bugfixes in v1 will of course be taken care of right away and will be offered as updates as usual. Minor bugfixes will continue to be added to the list for v2.
Thanks for all your GREAT ideas! :star:
this post wrote: I've worked out a rough idea on paper of how to get TLD's to work with phpBB MF, so I'm going to add it to the features list

BUT I'm not going to guarantee that it will work, or that it will in fact be in version 2. Just because it seems logical and workable on paper does not mean that it will actually work on a live server ;)
Additional, the license validation may be revised to avoid server downtime.

Because of previous server problem and lack of communication, we will compensate to all owned and leased licenses free upgrade for two months. Please let us know if you have not received your 2 months free upgrade by submitting your ticket to us at http://help.echophp.com

WE WILL RELEASE V2 NEXT WEEK.

Thank you for your support.
Last edited by echophp on Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tarkhorani

Post by tarkhorani »

good news
Luke Beale

Post by Luke Beale »

What day ? the date ?
paul nesbitt

Post by paul nesbitt »

much appreciated - customer service at last ! :lol:

Paul
echo
Site Admin

Post by echo »

Next week would be around March 5th

Post by Luke Beale »

Will that top level domain thing work on this?
Lobezno

New Version Date?

Post by Lobezno »

What day?
Yesterday, Now, Tomorrow?

I need the admin "Order by Letter", now this admin is very complicated to Administrate.
echophp

Post by echophp »

I'm so sorry, it can not be released now :( . I am trying my best to finish it but there are many problems have to solve.

Here is the v2 is developing online http://kuruhost.com, use this info for admin area: admin|admin.

Thank you.
Lobezno

Post by Lobezno »

echophp wrote:I'm so sorry, it can not be released now :( . I am trying my best to finish it but there are many problems have to solve.

Here is the v2 is developing online http://kuruhost.com, use this info for admin area: admin|admin.

Thank you.
Hi again! I did want to know in that situation is the script, is there already a estimated launching date?
echophp

Post by echophp »

I was trying to release it on May 19, 2007. Thank you for your patience.
Lobezno

Post by Lobezno »

Two Days!!!! :D :D :D
johnmartin

Post by johnmartin »

echophp wrote:I was trying to release it on May 19, 2007. Thank you for your patience.
Today's the day! :D
echophp

Post by echophp »

echophp wrote:I was trying to release it on May 19, 2007. Thank you for your patience.
Lobezno wrote:Two Days!!!! :D :D :D
johnmartin wrote:
Really Sorry! :( Full test isn't completed yet. Since everything changed (program flow, templates, table prefix and others), I need one week to test and make documentation.

Thank you for your patience.
Lobezno

Post by Lobezno »

echophp wrote:
johnmartin wrote:
Really Sorry! :( Full test isn't still completed, upgrade/installation instructions/scripts arenot still completed. Since everything changed (program flow, templates, table prefix and others) i need more a week to test and make documentation.

Thank you for your patience very much.
Please we need the new version! This version is becoming useless! :cry:
echophp

Post by echophp »

Lobezno wrote:
echophp wrote:
johnmartin wrote: Today's the day! :D
Really Sorry! :( Full test isn't still completed, upgrade/installation instructions/scripts arenot still completed. Since everything changed (program flow, templates, table prefix and others) i need more a week to test and make documentation.

Thank you for your patience very much.
Please we need the new version! This version is becoming useless! :cry:
Dear Lobezno!

I understand your expectation and other clients. And i know the current version is very useless so i have decided rewrite the script at all. This delay was affecting to your business and our business very much. I know that and i was trying my best. I can't release the script while it hasn't been tested or completed. We (the new owners) don't want clients become testers or bug discoverers like the current version was doing. Hope you understand.

Thank you.