Board index

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
  Print view

Patch for 'echoPHP phpBB MultiForums v3.0.0 RC4' released
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:29 pm 

Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:07 am
Posts: 655
Dear beautiful members,

We have just released a patch package for echoPHP phpBB MultiForums 3.0.0 RC4. It's patch_echoPHP phpBB MultiForums 3.0.0.RC4.zip. You can download it here without logging into your account.

This patch fixes and updates following discovered bugs:
+ fixed: Word Filter prints errors upon checking submited content from complex HTML form.
+ fixed: MF doesn't install specified style for new signups (phpBB3 only).
+ fixed: bad submission detected message redirects users to home page.
+ updated: use redirect status 301 instead of 302 for SEO purpose.

For more information about this patch and how to complete it, please read README.txt in the package.

If you download the full package and the upgrade package after this post, you don't need to use this patch, it's now included.

We encourage all clients upload this patch to fix important bugs as soon as possible.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at our helpdesk (http://help.echophp.com) at anytime.

Thank you.


Last edited by echophp on Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.





Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:04 pm 

Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 6:46 am
Posts: 123
What about the REST of the problems? Are we just going to pretend that they don't exist?

_________________
Linux Tech Networks, Quality, affordable Linux Systems Administration
TJWI- Support for Free Hosting Software






Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:31 pm 

Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:39 am
Posts: 101
Hello echo,

Will i need to upload this? Or did you fix this for me when i sent that ticket in.

Thanks!






Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:03 pm 

Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:07 am
Posts: 655
twhiting9275 wrote:
What about the REST of the problems? Are we just going to pretend that they don't exist?
I don't understand, can you please explain more?






Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:05 pm 

Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:07 am
Posts: 655
PN Matt wrote:
Hello echo,

Will i need to upload this? Or did you fix this for me when i sent that ticket in.

Thanks!
Please upload this. Thanks.






Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:20 pm 

Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 6:46 am
Posts: 123
echophp wrote:
twhiting9275 wrote:
What about the REST of the problems? Are we just going to pretend that they don't exist?
I don't understand, can you please explain more?

Are you KIDDING? Do you even READ your own threads here?
What part of the bugs pointed out in that thread do you not understand?
There are so many bugs that it's not even funny, INCLUDING the get_vars garbage thrown out by your company.

Come on now, show a LITTLE bit of professionalism here, please!

_________________
Linux Tech Networks, Quality, affordable Linux Systems Administration
TJWI- Support for Free Hosting Software






Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:00 pm 

Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:07 am
Posts: 655
twhiting9275 wrote:
echophp wrote:
twhiting9275 wrote:
What about the REST of the problems? Are we just going to pretend that they don't exist?
I don't understand, can you please explain more?

Are you KIDDING? Do you even READ your own threads here?
What part of the bugs pointed out in that thread do you not understand?
There are so many bugs that it's not even funny, INCLUDING the get_vars garbage thrown out by your company.

Come on now, show a LITTLE bit of professionalism here, please!

I understand you now. The issue with get_var() function is not a bug, the files might not uploaded correctly. I have replied to the client via the helpdesk because he also submitted a ticket.






Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:03 pm 

Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 6:46 am
Posts: 123
No, it's a bug. You have functions that are commonly named (such as get_var) and conflict with other functions. You need to make SURE that your functions do not conflict with others.

Just because you say it's not a bug doesn't make it not a bug. Just because YOU want to do things one way, and overwrite major function names doesn't mean it's RIGHT!

_________________
Linux Tech Networks, Quality, affordable Linux Systems Administration
TJWI- Support for Free Hosting Software






Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:17 pm 

Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:07 am
Posts: 655
twhiting9275 wrote:
No, it's a bug. You have functions that are commonly named (such as get_var) and conflict with other functions. You need to make SURE that your functions do not conflict with others.

Just because you say it's not a bug doesn't make it not a bug. Just because YOU want to do things one way, and overwrite major function names doesn't mean it's RIGHT!
I agree with you that MF's functions should not named like phpBB's functions. the get_var() function was designed to use for MF admin area, it was not intended to use for other section. But for some reason, we have to use it. We will rename it for the next release to avoid potential issues. Thanks.






Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 

All times are UTC


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron