We are very pleased to announce that we have just released 'phpBB2 to phpBB3 converter 1.0.7'. This converter helps you convert your phpBB2 forums to phpBB 3.0.7-PL1. It only supports echoPHP phpBB MultiForums 3.0.3, you need to upgrade your MF to this version before converting your forums. Please download this converter 'phpBB2_to_phpBB3_converter_v1.0.7.zip' from your client area. For more information on how to convert your forums and fix unexpected issues, please read all content in README.txt in the package.
Something you have to know:
- This converter doesn't support echoPHP phpBB MF 2.0.x/1.0.x so you please upgrade your MF to the version echoPHP phpBB MF 3.0.3 then convert forums.
- This converter doesn't modify/edit/change any data of your phpBB2 forums, it only copy data and convert to phpBB3. It requires a number of new databases same as number of databases for phpBB2 forums. For example: your are using 3 databases for phpBB2 forums, you have to create 3 new databases for new phpBB3 forums and assign the current user (phpBB2 forums are using) to them.
- For Internet Explorer users, you please enable 'Refresh' meta tag.
- This converter will suspend all forums and turn signup page off temporarily during the conversion if you choose. We recommend you allow the converter suspend all forums and turn signup page off temporarily in case of real conversion. But for test conversion, we don't recommend because it will take down your all phpBB2 forums unnecessarily.
- You may get timeout because of max_execution_time and memory limit on conversion of large forums, you should increase these limit and resume the conversion. If you don't have permission to increase them, contact to your hosting provider.
- This converter allow you can resume the progress so you can continue the progress at anytime but we recommend that you just use this option in case of fixing errors or get timeout because of server configuration.
- To avoid unexpected issues for your forums, we recommend you do a test conversion for databases to discover errors on your all phpBB2 forums to eliminate messed up forums and to get unexpected errors fixed. Do test conversion until you won't get errors any more. For example: some of forums may be lost their config table: 'forumname_domain_com_config table', this will stop the converter. In this case, you have to delete the forums and resume the conversion. In another case, if you don't know how to fix it, submit a ticket, we will help you.
- Do a test conversion for databases won't affect to your forums. To do a test conversion for databases, we suggest these options under 'Convert Options': Suspend all forums temporarily during the convert? :: No, Suspend all forums temporarily during the convert? :: No.
- This converter only support test conversion for databases. That means it can't create another test site to allow users access to test phpBB3 forums.
- Unlike standalone phpBB3, you don't have to re-build Search Index for all forums manually, this converter can do it for you. You have an option to allow/disallow it do it for you.
- After the conversion, your new phpBB3 forums may out-of-date, you please continue to upgrade them to newest version by using upgrade forums package can be downloaded from your client area.
- For more information, please read all content in README.txt in the package.
If you have any questions/problems, please do not hesitate to contact us at our helpdesk (http://www.echophp.com/help/) at anytime.