pre sale question

Any question you may have to help determine if this is the right forum script for you.
zincuk

pre sale question

Post by zincuk »

Hi more than ever now im intrested in your script and as soon as exams are over il be investing in it but before im just wondering, does each free forum use its own phpbb script or are they all run off a single master copy? also can i install phpbb mods to the phpbb scripts without it messing up the multi forum script? another question if each forum uses its own copy of the phpbb script is it possible to add different mods to different forums? also is it possible to use a pre modded version of phpbb ( ed phpbbFM)

cheers

p.s

also hows the multi server option coming along? is there also a option just to add extra dedi mysql servers?

EDIT
is there a phpbb3MF in the pipeline or could i just replace the phpbb script with bb3?

EDIT2
Can i only use this script on one domain or can i use it on 2?
echo
Site Admin

Post by echo »

Each forum uses a single master copy. We have a lot of mods add on available in our customers only forum. It depend on which mods you are going to use. Some of them you have to modify extensively. It is possible to use different mods to different forums. Modded version is a bad idea. I would not recommended.

We are working on Phpbb3

Post by zincuk »

1) so to verify each forum is ran off its own copy off the phpbb script not a single one?

2) thus meaning different mods can be ran on different forums

3) some simple mods = ok

4) pre-mods = no

5) phpbb3 in the feature (is this included in the paid updates or will we have to buy a new license)

6) a single domain or 2?
echophp

Post by echophp »

zincuk wrote:1) so to verify each forum is ran off its own copy off the phpbb script not a single one?

2) thus meaning different mods can be ran on different forums

3) some simple mods = ok

4) pre-mods = no

5) phpbb3 in the feature (is this included in the paid updates or will we have to buy a new license)

6) a single domain or 2?
Hello,

1. All forums use 1 phpbb script. 1 phpbb script for 1 forum is not a good idea when you want to update them.

2. Yes, but you have to do it yourself. We support some constants that allow you program/edit modifications for echoPHP compatibility, please refer to http://www.echophp.com/README.html#echoPHP_MF_variables.

3. I don't understand it.

4. Yes.

5. Well, we don't still think about this but it should be included in paid updates.

6. Multiple domains, you can add multiple domains as you see fit. All additional domains must be parked to the main domain.

Thank you for your inquiry.
zincuk

Re: pre sale question

Post by zincuk »

[quote="zincuk"]

also hows the multi server option coming along? is there also a option just to add extra dedi mysql servers?

quote]
echophp

Re: pre sale question

Post by echophp »

zincuk wrote:
zincuk wrote:

quote]
Sorry, currently there is no options to add extra mysql servers.
zincuk

Post by zincuk »

will there be a option in the future?

are you still working on a multi server mod?
echophp

Post by echophp »

zincuk wrote:will there be a option in the future?

Yes, there will be an option in feature for multiple mysql servers because our clients are growing, they are surely need more servers.
Shin

Post by Shin »

zincuk wrote:will there be a option in the future?

why do you need a mod to run multiple servers?

lets say that some monster Dual Processor Quad Core Xeon 5320 1.86GHz (Clovertown) is not enough for you...

Put the SQL on a different box. (simple enough to set up within cpanel or pretty much any hosting script)

OK, so you STILL need more power cause you're hosting 2 million boards now ;)

So, this script allows you to have multiple databases, split the databases up between servers if the SQL server is sluggish, or use round robin DNS if it is the http requests holding you back. Simple enough.

Not sure what other support you would need from the script itself.
zincuk

Post by zincuk »

Shin wrote:
why do you need a mod to run multiple servers?
Because you can, its simpler and easier allows expansion
Shin wrote: lets say that some monster Dual Processor Quad Core Xeon 5320 1.86GHz (Clovertown) is not enough for you...
Yes but if the forums were to grow, and taking into consideration other sites il have hosted on the box spreading over many servers keeps server load down
Shin wrote: Put the SQL on a different box. (simple enough to set up within cpanel or pretty much any hosting script)
the reson i suggested a mod to do this is because it keeps it in the script aswell on the index page of echo at the bottom they said they dont support multiple sql servers at the time been

Shin wrote: OK, so you STILL need more power cause you're hosting 2 million boards now ;)
maybe one day i wish but this the only web project ive really token seriously so i really want a top notch script which i will expand
Shin wrote: So, this script allows you to have multiple databases, split the databases up between servers if the SQL server is sluggish, or use round robin DNS if it is the http requests holding you back. Simple enough.
Not sure what other support you would need from the script itself.
like a said they state they dont support multiple sql and ive never heard of round robin but sounds good il googe it[/quote]