Upgrade to phpbb3?

Any question you may have to help determine if this is the right forum script for you.
David

Upgrade to phpbb3?

Post by David »

Will this script be upgradable to phpbb3 when it's finally released, if so any details would be appreciated, thanks.
echophp

Post by echophp »

Yes, echoPHP MF will support phpBB3 when it's finally released.

Thank you for your inquiry.
David

Post by David »

echophp wrote:Yes, echoPHP MF will support phpBB3 when it's finally released.
Godd to hear!

Will your script be freely updatable from phpbb2 to phpbb3 or are we looking at a completely new version?
echophp

Post by echophp »

David wrote:
echophp wrote:Yes, echoPHP MF will support phpBB3 when it's finally released.
Godd to hear!

Will your script be freely updatable from phpbb2 to phpbb3 or are we looking at a completely new version?
Sorry, i can't sure that since phpBB3 has many difference from phpBB2. But we are trying to make it can work with the current script so all current clients can get upgrade to phpBB3. I will keep you updated here if you wish to watch our next phpBB3 MF release.

Thank you.
PN Matt

Post by PN Matt »

Any estimate time? E.g 3 months?
Spade

Post by Spade »

personally, after having seen the coding differences between phpbb 3 and phpbb 2, I would prefer to stick with phpbb 2 since many mods won't be compatible with phpbb 3.

Now, I understand that if mf switches to phpbb 3, that it will begin putting out updates that are phpbb 3 compatible...will those same updates be made available for those of us who prefer phpbb 2?
www.pbbgc.net - ultimate free phpbb forum hosting with over 25 modifications (many geared to helping you make money) and the ultimate extensive and user friendly support forum.
echophp

Post by echophp »

easy forumz wrote:Any estimate time? E.g 3 months?
We will try to release phpBB3 MF after stable phpBB3. But for sure, may be 1 month later :).
echophp

Post by echophp »

Spade wrote:personally, after having seen the coding differences between phpbb 3 and phpbb 2, I would prefer to stick with phpbb 2 since many mods won't be compatible with phpbb 3.

Now, I understand that if mf switches to phpbb 3, that it will begin putting out updates that are phpbb 3 compatible...will those same updates be made available for those of us who prefer phpbb 2?
We will continue to support phpBB2 MF beside phpBB3 MF because there aren't too much people like phpBB3 because of many reasons: only have some mods support, only have some templates support, still not friendly with it, etc. I guess that all of you won't upgrade to phpBB3 for all forums when it's released :wink:.
dscurlock

phpBB3

Post by dscurlock »

echophp wrote:
Spade wrote:personally, after having seen the coding differences between phpbb 3 and phpbb 2, I would prefer to stick with phpbb 2 since many mods won't be compatible with phpbb 3.

We will continue to support phpBB2 MF beside phpBB3 MF because there aren't too much people like phpBB3 because of many reasons: only have some mods support, only have some templates support, still not friendly with it, etc. I guess that all of you won't upgrade to phpBB3 for all forums when it's released :wink:.
Im starting to wonder if some of your own pre-mods for your MF even work, ive tried to install the simplest of mods and I can not get it work, I even had a coder attempt to install with same result, and still did not work and People are not going to invest to much into phpbb3 until a final release does come out, but there are templates and mods that have come out for phpbb3, they will be slow to come out until a final release to phpbb3 arrives.
lisss001

Post by lisss001 »

I have an idea, what about giving each member of a forum the choice to upgrade ? You could code it so that each admin could select an option such as 'upgrade' and then their accounts would be transferred to a new installation. Also you could allow us to disable this option and provide a warning message of our choice such as 'once you click upgrade their is no turning back' ?

If you make this I will purchase your script as soon as I see it in action.
dscurlock

Post by dscurlock »

lisss001 wrote:I have an idea, what about giving each member of a forum the choice to upgrade ? You could code it so that each admin could select an option such as 'upgrade' and then their accounts would be transferred to a new installation. Also you could allow us to disable this option and provide a warning message of our choice such as 'once you click upgrade their is no turning back' ?

If you make this I will purchase your script as soon as I see it in action.
If you code this, ill buy? sounds lame, and I would just say see ya...
the script has to be the more advanced MF out there with current support, if you cant accept that, maybe you need to move on, and that sounds crazy to "click upgrade and no turning back" what if we dont like the upgrade, maybe we want to go back...

I really hate hostage tactics... "add this, and ill buy" if he feels
that it will benefit everyone, he may, but he will not add it just
to benefit your cause.
Spade

Post by Spade »

All mods on this forum I have posted work with MF perfectly. I have them all working perfectly on my mf forum system. None of the mods are owned or coded by myself or MF, but by individuals who coded them for regular phpbb2 forum boards.
www.pbbgc.net - ultimate free phpbb forum hosting with over 25 modifications (many geared to helping you make money) and the ultimate extensive and user friendly support forum.
PN Matt

Post by PN Matt »

Echophp, will you please use that for upgrading? (Users can upgrade via admin panel freely) as some of my forums may want to stay phpBB3.

TY
echophp

Post by echophp »

easy forumz wrote:Echophp, will you please use that for upgrading? (Users can upgrade via admin panel freely) as some of my forums may want to stay phpBB3.

TY
I will try my best :) .
steven

Post by steven »

Great! I'm waiting for phpbb3 version, too.