Features Questions

Any question you may have to help determine if this is the right forum script for you.
BlueEew

Features Questions

Post by BlueEew »

Hello. I need to ask a couple more questions before I go ahead and buy the lisense. Please answer them for me. :)

a) If I buy a lisense with branding free. Would I be able to then replace "Powered By echPHP" and add "Powered By BlueEew"?

b) Can install the phpBB 3 version. Without having to install phpBB 2 first? That would be easier.

c) Can members some way add there own domain they have thereself and use them for there echoPHP hosted forum?

Example: http://forumname.hostcompany.xyz
Use there own domain ---> www.something.xyz

d) If I own databases. Can I set up a new forum on the multi script and have the database restored there?

e) Is there a way I can have all forums back them selves up every X amount of days. So they will all be backed up in-case they get hacked etc?

f) Do phpBB MODs. Such as SEO-phpBB, and various others work with the multi forums? I would want security, and SEO MODs added to all forums.

Thanks in advance,
BlueEew.
echophp

Post by echophp »

Hello,

a) I'm sorry, you can't replace 'Powered by echoPHP...' with 'Powered by BlueEev...'. But it will remove the 'Powered by echoPHP...'.
b) Yes, you can. echoPHP MF support both of phpBB2 and phpBB3, you can install any version you would like.
c) Yes, they can.
d) Yes, you can. You can get database backup from your MF admin area or from forum ACP (if enabled)
e) No, there isn't. But they can back them selves up every X amount of downloads or anytime (if enabled)
f) Yes, almost of phpBB MODs are compatible with echoPHP MF.

Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.

Thank you for your inquiry.
BlueEew

Post by BlueEew »

Thanks for the answers. You know I cannot add "Powered By BlueEew". I didn't mean it in a way so it looks like I own the forum script myself.

I would like to add something more like;

"Forums are Hosted by companyname.xyz"

Is that allowed?

Also if I had multiple shared hosting accounts. Would there be a way the forums are hosted on these. So they are shared across many shared plans?
echophp

Post by echophp »

BlueEew wrote:"Forums are Hosted by companyname.xyz"

Is that allowed?
Yes, absolutely. A message like that is generated by the MF installer when you install MF.
BlueEew wrote:Also if I had multiple shared hosting accounts. Would there be a way the forums are hosted on these. So they are shared across many shared plans?
I'm sorry, echoPHP MF currently doesn't support this. However, we will try to support it in future.

Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.

Thank you.