Pre-sale questions...

Any question you may have to help determine if this is the right forum script for you.
foruman

Pre-sale questions...

Post by foruman »

I have got BABY hosting account at hostgator http://www.hostgator.com/shared.shtml and domain registered with www.dynadot.com.

Will "echoPHP phpBB Multi-Forums v3 RC2 for phpBB" work??

I have also got one more question. Are titles optimized?

For example if forum topic is "Hello Word" is page title also ONLY "Hello Word" and not "My forum - blabla - Hello Word " (or is it possible to turn on that in admin pannel??).

I would also like to know when will you finish stable multiforum for phpBB3 and not just RC??

Thank you for the answers.
echophp

Post by echophp »

Hello,

BABY hosting package is suitable for hosting echoPHP MF but you need to ask for wildcard setup before purchasing the package. For more information on how to setup wildcard, please refer to the step 1 of the installation instructions at http://www.echophp.com/README.v3.html#install.

The titles of page are not optimized, it's the default one of the standalone phpBB. If you would like to have them optimized, please install extra MODs can do it.

For stable release, i can't tell you the exact time, but i guess we need more 2-3 months.

Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.

Thank you.
DR_GIGGULS

Post by DR_GIGGULS »

You have to pay hostgator additionaly to have an own IP address for the wildcard DNS.
If you are expecting SOME traffic, however, I suggest you get a VPS, because hostgator will soon tell you that you cause too much server load.
You also need to ask them for ioncube and the path to it.

It would be good if they allow clients to have their own php.ini files, they are helpful with echophp. But that's not a requirement.
foruman

Post by foruman »

i'm glad to hear that it's possible. Do you maybe know how much does own IP cost?

If the site would be successful (more than 4k unique per day) i'll buy VPS. Thank you for advice.

Thank you for the answers
DR_GIGGULS

Post by DR_GIGGULS »

Hostgator operator told me a dedicated IP address would cost $2 per month.
foruman

Post by foruman »

If i use phpBB 3 RC, will it be possible to update it to stable version when you wil release it?

Is it possible to turn off possibility that users can upload there pictures to phpBB 3 forum (because this can use a lot of BW)?

Do you maybe know some good VPS hosting?
echophp

Post by echophp »

foruman wrote:If i use phpBB 3 RC, will it be possible to update it to stable version when you wil release it?

Is it possible to turn off possibility that users can upload there pictures to phpBB 3 forum (because this can use a lot of BW)?
Yes, it's possible.