phpbb - wordpress unite blog

Any feature requests, please post here.
River

phpbb - wordpress unite blog

Post by River »

This mod, which is available now for download could be interesting. If I understand it right, it can enable all users to get their own blog with their phpbb login.

http://www.wp-united.com/
WP-United is a new integration package that glues together phpBB, the leading open source bulletin board, and WordPress, the popular blogging tool.

WP-United is for phpBB users who want to integrate WordPress into an existing community — perhaps using it as a content management system for articles, perhaps to offer their members personal blogs, or perhaps as a portal page. The choice is yours!

WP-United ties WordPress to a phpBB community, with login to WordPress (optionally) handled automatically by the integration package.
Spade

Re: phpbb - wordpress unite blog

Post by Spade »

River wrote:This mod, which is available now for download could be interesting. If I understand it right, it can enable all users to get their own blog with their phpbb login.

http://www.wp-united.com/
WP-United is a new integration package that glues together phpBB, the leading open source bulletin board, and WordPress, the popular blogging tool.

WP-United is for phpBB users who want to integrate WordPress into an existing community — perhaps using it as a content management system for articles, perhaps to offer their members personal blogs, or perhaps as a portal page. The choice is yours!

WP-United ties WordPress to a phpBB community, with login to WordPress (optionally) handled automatically by the integration package.
Looks very interesting. I think MF uses phpbb version 2.0.2 while WordPress needs 2.0.22 I have downloaded the files though and am looking through them. Don't expect a near future response on compatability. I definitely need to study it first since it is in beta mode.

If it works the way I think it does, this could be the best blog mod for phpbb ever developed.