Not really a 'feature request', but a question?

Any feature requests, please post here.
twhiting9275

Post by twhiting9275 »

PN Matt wrote:Its your system.
So?
It's THEIR code causing the problem.
The thing works FINE on v2, but does NOT work fine on v3.
The system handles v3 for phpbb3 FINE, so it's NOT the "system" at all, it's their code SOMEWHERE

Somewhere, their coders missed something. Given the sloppy "upgrade" instructions, this is not surprising. Of course, a fanboi would love to blame it on "the system", but it's NOT the system. The current (v3) release is NOT compatable with phpbb2. if it was, I'd be saying it WAS
Linux Tech Networks, Quality, affordable Linux Systems Administration
TJWI- Support for Free Hosting Software
PN Matt

Post by PN Matt »

Coding is fine,

phpbbnew.com hey look works on V3..

Its your system.
twhiting9275

Post by twhiting9275 »

PN Matt wrote:Coding is fine,

phpbbnew.com hey look works on V3..

Its your system.
Surprise, that's NOT a phpbb2 forum setup!
it's a PHPBB3 forum setup!

2 options, smf and phpbb
phpbb runs to phpbb3
smf runs to your other site, but NOT phpbb

I've already said there is NO problem on phpbb3, because there's NOT
On phpbb2, the current script IS causing problems however.

Next time you want to claim something, make sure you're making factual claims. I know what I'm talking about here
River

Post by River »

I'm also running ver 3 with phpbb2. works for me.
PN Matt

Post by PN Matt »

What next then twhiting9275?

Are you now going to say that two people are imaging that a software works like it should?
twhiting9275

Post by twhiting9275 »

PN Matt wrote:What next then twhiting9275?

Are you now going to say that two people are imaging that a software works like it should?
YOU aren't even running phpbb2, so you can't talk. You're running PHPBB3, NOT phpbb2. Until you have proven you're running phpbb2, you don't have a voice in this thread.

There IS a problem with the software and phpbb2. Just because a couple fanbois want to say there isn't does NOT mean there isn't. It means there IS a problem.

Now, again, that's not discounting the fact that echo might have poor and pathetic documentation which conveniently left out steps, because they HAVE poor and pathetic documentation for this crap.

Regardless of what the problem is, there IS a problem, NOT with phpbb2, NOT with the server, but with v3 of echo's software which causes massive problems with phpbb2. I can keep running v2, that's not a problem. In fact, given the pathetic support provided here, I'll probably cancel both licenses and take my business elsewhere.

This is NOT the first time that I've had this issue with echophp's software, or the first time that anyone else has. All you hve to do is remove the "echo can do no bad" blinders from your eyes and look to see it.

The fact is that there IS a problem, it's NOT with the server, it's NOT with phpbb, but with ECHO'S software which overwrites the includes!!!
River

Post by River »

I have never said there are never problems. I have been a customer here for 1,5 years and I have had several issues with my forum hosting sites during that time, but they have all been sorted out. I think the support here is in general a lot better than on the other phpbb-hosting scripts competitors.

All my licenses work and I have like 5. I have 1 license with phpbb 2 running on ver 3 smoothly.

If you were a bit more constructive in your posts instead of just flaming, ppl might be able to give suggestions but you just continiously flame the devs and the other users.
twhiting9275

Post by twhiting9275 »

If you were a bit more constructive in your posts instead of just flaming, ppl might be able to give suggestions but you just continiously flame the devs and the other users.
I have YET to start flaming! Just because you may see the truth as "flaming" or "attacking" doesn't make it so.

The truth:
The "manual" for this garbage is pathetically poorly written, and leaves crucial stuff out (IE: echophp can't write manuals to save their ass)

The LATEST VERSION of the v3 software has PROBLEMS with phpbb2. It kills the forums, end of story. When upgrading (I'm not talking about installing a brand new forum host) from v2 to v3, the LATEST VERSION of this software has problems.

Getting SUPPORT from echophp (which we're paying for) is like pulling teeth. It takes DAYS to get them to respond to something,just look at their responses here to this thread and you'll see their "average" support (even helpdesk) time.

None of that is "flaming", that is the OUT AND OUT TRUTH. I'm not going to be constructive, when I asked a question, was lied to by the developer, and had to waste 3 hours of my time trying to go back to a previous version. No, that's NOT going to make me be "constructive" at all.

Next time someone asks you a question, lie to them, just to see how happy it makes them. Don't blame THEM though if they come back all pissed off at you because of your lie!