Installation questions

Any question you may have to help determine if this is the right forum script for you.
cinder

Installation questions

Post by cinder »

Your program looks like it will work very well with my plans. I have 3 questions...

1. I ran the server check file, mf_helper.php, and it looks like everything will work fine. I was a little stumped that the mod_rewrite came back as a "NO". I have a dedicated server and have been running all kinds of SEF type of programs on it without any problems - I always assumed that I had mod_rewrite on there. Is there something different about your requirements that would make it come back as a "NO"? I have used SEF plugins for Joomla installs and it has always worked perfectly - so I don't know what to say about this particular result.

2. I haven't installed phpbb3 yet. Should I wait until I purchase the echophp license and install both in conjunction with each other? Or does it matter?

3. To your knowledge, would one be able to run WordpressMU (multiblogs on subdomains) with echophp? I was thinking along the lines of giving folks a choice of a blog or forum format. This is not critical - I would rather go with echophp/phpbb, but thought I'd ask out of curiosity.

Thanks much for any insight on the above! Cris
echophp

Post by echophp »

Hello,

1. mod_rewrite is not a requirement. You can run the script without it but Keywords URL can't work. mf_helper.php might not have permission to detect mod_rewrite on your server so it was returned "NO". If you assume you had mod_rewrite there and used it for SEF plugins for Joomla, go ahead and install the script.
2. You don't need to install phpBB3. When you purchase the script, it includes pre-integrated phpBB3 version with MF. Everything is one package, you just need to follow installation instructions in the package.
3. Sorry, echoPHP MF can't run with WordPress MU on the same server location. I suggest you run echoPHP MF on yourdomain.com, WordPress MU on blog.yourdomain.com if it support subdomain or echoPHP MF on forum.yourdomain.com and WordPress MU on yourdomain.com

Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.

Thank you.
cinder

Post by cinder »

Everything bundled together - just made my world a bit easier :)

Thank you for the quick reply! You have an order, and a new customer!

Look forward to working with your script. Cris

:D