Permissions

Any feature requests, please post here.
River

Permissions

Post by River »

I think that many new users of phpbb3 find the permission system very confusing.

For example, if you add a forum and do not choose to copy permissions, not even the admin will see it.

I read somewhere before that the phpbb group would add a pop box for the 3.06 version asking the admin if they were sure that they didn't want to copy permissions, but unfortunately it seems they forgot it.

Adding it here as a feature request. Or even better, make the default choice to copy permissions from the first test category the default choice on the "create forum" page instead of the current default which is "do not copy permissions"

I just think many users go, create a forum quickly without actually reading through everything and then goes back to the forum and find its not there, gets frustrated and give up.

Its important to make it as easy as possible because most ppl signing up for a free forum are not very good at this, and just want an easy forum..

Personally I find the phpbb3 admin panel unnecessary confusing, especially the permissions system.

For example freeforums.org, a phpbb3 forum host, have actually made a whole new ACP for their forum users that are much easier.....
WraiTh

Re: Permissions

Post by WraiTh »

i agree with theese.. i host now 200-300 forums and im messed up with users that dont know how to set ..
River

Re: Permissions

Post by River »

yeah, it doesn't seem so complicated to do. Just instead the default is "not copy" change it to "copy first testforum" in the drop down menu...

compared to phpbb2 I can see many more forums with phpbb3 where the admins seems to have just given up (no more forums created)...