20%
10%
No votes

Total votes: 10

echophp

How many ad networks are you using?

Post by echophp »

Hello,

We were wondering to know how many ad networks are you using? Would you like to use all your ad networks on your forums to optimize revenue? Do you have any ideas so we can help you optimize your revenue?

Thank you.
Shin

Post by Shin »

It might be nice to have some options....

for example, a list of XX forums per page, with check boxes on which networks to show, to go even deeper, you could have only 1 network allowed per forum to save a server side calculation, or rotate evenly, or weighted.

Whatever networks were checked would show up on that forum. Obviously you'd have to ad a place to put each network code into.

Setting a "Default" ad would be cool, putting a liberal network as default would be nice until the admin could review the forum before putting it on a higher revenue network.

Also, allowing 2 bottom cells (ad areas) Would be nice. I'd like to still be able to show a copyright and link to the main page at the bottom of even "ad free" forums, but then not show the bottom banner for those forums. Does that make sense?
River

Post by River »

Well, I'd like to be able to set certain good forums on a different adnetworks (as I posted before in feature requests). I mean if you have a really good nieche forum you might want to put non contextual ads on it for that specific niehce that pays better than adsense. So, it is important I think that you can edit ads for invididual forums.

Also, I think it would be cool to have a feature so newly created forums did not display ads until after the 1st post.
echophp

Post by echophp »

Shin wrote: for example, a list of XX forums per page, with check boxes on which networks to show, to go even deeper, you could have only 1 network allowed per forum to save a server side calculation, or rotate evenly, or weighted.

Whatever networks were checked would show up on that forum. Obviously you'd have to ad a place to put each network code into.

Setting a "Default" ad would be cool, putting a liberal network as default would be nice until the admin could review the forum before putting it on a higher revenue network.
Okay, i will take care of it.
Shin wrote:Also, allowing 2 bottom cells (ad areas) Would be nice. I'd like to still be able to show a copyright and link to the main page at the bottom of even "ad free" forums, but then not show the bottom banner for those forums. Does that make sense?
Very good point.
echophp

Post by echophp »

River wrote:Well, I'd like to be able to set certain good forums on a different adnetworks (as I posted before in feature requests). I mean if you have a really good nieche forum you might want to put non contextual ads on it for that specific niehce that pays better than adsense. So, it is important I think that you can edit ads for invididual forums.
I will take care of it.
River wrote:Also, I think it would be cool to have a feature so newly created forums did not display ads until after the 1st post.
So, what for? Can you please explain more?
River

Post by River »

River wrote:"Also, I think it would be cool to have a feature so newly created forums did not display ads until after the 1st post."

So, what for? Can you please explain more?
Well, I notice many register forums at my site but never does anything with it. Not even look at the first post with information. Sometimes I suspect they might be bots, or there might be people that thought there would be no ads. Having no ads until they actually post something might increase the number of used forums, I don't know.

This suggestion was just an idea and not high priority. My other suggestion with being able to have specific ads for specific forums I think is more important. :)
fusionhosting

Post by fusionhosting »

Instead of just until "one post", you could make it advertising free for say 1 month from the initial creation too.

Maybe even have a simple message like Keep this forum ad free, details here. Then link to the area to pay for the forum, or 3rd party to sponsor it for a month.
mystiqueoflife

Same thoughts..

Post by mystiqueoflife »

I am wondering how to provide new users a ad free period of 1 month and, or even until so many posts would be a great feature.

I searched the administration area without luck, I'm assuming this feature doesn't exist yet?

Another thing I noticed as that some providers offer different forums, eg. phpbb2, phpbb3, punbb, etc. Is this possible?

I also noticed that some users get confused because when they create a new forum, user groups are restricted. Is there a way to default registered user and guest permissions? or make it easier for users to assign permissions? Thus far, this seams like the biggest challenge for users, understanding and assigning permissions.

Thanks. Great suggestions.
echophp

Re: Same thoughts..

Post by echophp »

mystiqueoflife wrote:I am wondering how to provide new users a ad free period of 1 month and, or even until so many posts would be a great feature.

I searched the administration area without luck, I'm assuming this feature doesn't exist yet?
Currently this feature isn't implemented yet, you please assign it manually.
mystiqueoflife wrote:Another thing I noticed as that some providers offer different forums, eg. phpbb2, phpbb3, punbb, etc. Is this possible?
I'm sure that you can do it but on different domains but correct me if i'm wrong. Can you provide me their websites? (if it's possible) I would visit their services.
mystiqueoflife wrote:I also noticed that some users get confused because when they create a new forum, user groups are restricted. Is there a way to default registered user and guest permissions? or make it easier for users to assign permissions? Thus far, this seams like the biggest challenge for users, understanding and assigning permissions.
Yes, we are aware of it. MF currently create forums same as default standalone phpBB forums. We will try to include this new feature for the next version.
ddemetrius456

Re: How many ad networks are you using?

Post by ddemetrius456 »

I am using just 4 ad networks. I would like to have more
timothy1238

Post by timothy1238 »

Currently i am using just 3 ad networks. Awaiting for more....
jjaysonn42

Post by jjaysonn42 »

Currently i am using just one ad networks.
marc8358

Post by marc8358 »

Now I 'm using 2 ad networks... but planning to have 4 ad networks...........
yyanna2

Post by yyanna2 »

I am using 5 ad networks. I would like to have more
kkinelle

Post by kkinelle »

I'd like to find certain forums on different ad- networks,recently i m using less than more.