SolveMedia

Any question you may have to help determine if this is the right forum script for you.
shovenose

SolveMedia

Post by shovenose »

Hello.
I've been using the free trial and I plan to purchase the script if I can get everything working.

1. I need to get SolveMedia CAPTCHA to work but I want it to automatically get set to my SolveMedia keys, but I don't want the end users to be able to view or change the keys in the phpBB ACP.
I don't know how to prevent access to that.

2. I can't even get SolveMedia to work. I don't know how to enable if from mf_admin, because it won't let me enable it in the phpBB ACP. I got this answer from the support people on the ticket system, but I don't understand it.
After you installed Mods, they don't show in Multi Forums Admin Area (MF Admin). You can only see it in Admin Control Panel of forum so you can't manage these Mods in MF Admin, but you can edit in file.
If you want to overwrite settings for the Spambot Countermesures, please set options in MF Admin >> Forums >> Global Configurations >> CAPTCHA module settings and set is Overwrite
I don't want them using their own SolveMedia accounts
=> This may a technical issue. I need to look into the issue. But if your SolveMedia account was stored in config table, then you can use Overwrite feature in MF Admin >> Forums >> Global Configurations >> Extra Configuration >> please read instruction here. Then, your members can't change it.
Please help me out with this thank you so much!
kimgold2010

Re: SolveMedia

Post by kimgold2010 »

Hello!
shovenose wrote: I need to get SolveMedia CAPTCHA to work but I want it to automatically get set to my SolveMedia keys, but I don't want the end users to be able to view or change the keys in the phpBB ACP.
I don't know how to prevent access to that.
echoPHP don't support Solve Media Captcha at this time.

Feel free to contact us if you have any questions.

Thank you.
shovenose

Post by shovenose »

Then how do I prevent spam?
kimgold2010

Post by kimgold2010 »

shovenose wrote:Then how do I prevent spam?
Hello!

You can use GD Captcha, GD 3D Captcha, reCaptcha...
To users can't change this feature, you must enable Overwrite feature in MF Admin >> Forums >> Global Configurations >> Captcha Module Settings >> Installed CAPTCHA plugins -> select Captcha and Overwrite for this options.

Hope this help you.

Feel free to contact us if you have any questions.

Thank you.
shovenose

Post by shovenose »

Those are all entirely useless against spambots. I will not purchase this script unless SolveMedia works. It is the only issue and I have all plans to purchase echophp if I can get solveMedia to work...so please find me a solution!!
kimgold2010

Post by kimgold2010 »

shovenose wrote:Those are all entirely useless against spambots. I will not purchase this script unless SolveMedia works. It is the only issue and I have all plans to purchase echophp if I can get solveMedia to work...so please find me a solution!!
Hello,

We really sorry but we don't support this Mod at this time.

Hope you unsderstand.

Let me know if you have any questions.
shovenose

Post by shovenose »

No I don't understand. I am willing to pay for a solution! I will give you $10 in addition to the normal cost if you make it work!!
Thanks.
kimgold2010

Post by kimgold2010 »

shovenose wrote:No I don't understand. I am willing to pay for a solution! I will give you $10 in addition to the normal cost if you make it work!!
Thanks.
Hello!

We are really sorry, this issue not because of money.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thank you.
shovenose

Post by shovenose »

Ok. I guess SolveMedia wont work then.
what effective anti spam method do you support?
kimgold2010

Post by kimgold2010 »

shovenose wrote:Ok. I guess SolveMedia wont work then.
what effective anti spam method do you support?
Hello!

Please use reCaptcha of Google.
However, we have developed an anti spam mod form Stop Forum Spam Mod. We will integrate it into echophp in latest version.

Let me know if you have any question.

Thank you.
shovenose

Post by shovenose »

Thanks.however I made it work with solvemedia :)