multi server options

Any feature requests, please post here.
zincuk

multi server options

Post by zincuk »

i really like the look of your script and am considering buying it as a serious investment. while looking through your features and thinking what i would need to set up a sucsesfull free forum service and how it would expand i fell at the first hurdel.

while your script has the most managment options like setting the number of accounts per dbs ect, there is no option of adding extra servers for the script to start making forums on, for example if i was to use this script on a dedi server then that server space filled up there wuldnt be any easy way of creating scripts on a second server.

on a whm billing/cpanel creation script called whm auto pilot you set it up for one server for it to start creating accounts on listing the number of accounts you want on a single server when this fills up if you have added a second server to the script it will automatically starting creating accounts on a second server.

i think adding this feature to your script would be amazing development. adding to the script a option for example

when server space reaches 1gb left start creating on second server. ect

adding as many servers as needed.

if you are having trouble understanding what i mean here is there site

http://www.whmautopilot.com/

tell me what you think of adding this feature in
echophp

Post by echophp »

I also thought of this option but i won't add this option in next early releases. The v2 has to work fine with multi domains and must be stable first. Then i will work with multi servers option.

Thanks for your suggestions
Luke Beale

Post by Luke Beale »

Thats good (not that i need that feature yet)
zincuk

Post by zincuk »

klkl sounds good, so is the current version of this script stable? and is the license for life or year?
echo
Site Admin

Post by echo »

zincuk wrote:klkl sounds good, so is the current version of this script stable? and is the license for life or year?
The current version of this script is stable. The license is good for life. However, after a year, to get upgrades and support, you must renew your yearly license.
River

Post by River »

If possible it maybe would be good to allow the script to accept -External- mysql database access..

So, when you add new databases to the script they actually point to mysql databases somewhere else?

Would that be a good idea? I don't know, but you spread server load and do not put all eggs in the same basket.....

I mean I have other sites which use almost no mysql capacity. My site for echophp got gigantic databases and I got many. It takes an hour to download just one database. Can't even do it via cpanel anymore, I have to do it via phpmyadmin export. It's a little strange but I guess I should be glad because it means my forums are expanding. :P

So, when I add more databases the echophp I could maybe point to a database on one of my other sites? Does it make sense?

It's not a problem now, but it may be someday in the future since my forumsite keeps growing.
twhiting9275

Post by twhiting9275 »

Running the core on a different server wouldn't theoretically be possible, due to how wildcard dns is structured. You can only have one ip address assigned to wildcard.

That said, however, it really surprises me that this script has NOT conquered the multiple database host area yet. That really should be something higher on the priority list.

The script itself is stable and fine, but not having the ability to utilize multiple db hosts is just bad, especially when the script itself can already utilize multiple databases.
PN Matt

Post by PN Matt »

Well, what im going to do is buy a new license when lets say i need a new server. Say i buy easyforum2.com.

But i think this mutliserver crap will have to be done within a year otherwise the old doamin would become busy!

(If you understood what i just said)
twhiting9275

Post by twhiting9275 »

easy forumz wrote:Well, what im going to do is buy a new license when lets say i need a new server. Say i buy easyforum2.com.

But i think this mutliserver crap will have to be done within a year otherwise the old doamin would become busy!

(If you understood what i just said)
Well, the database is the only thing that can be done "multi-server". You can't do multi-server wildcard dns, it can't happen.

So, your database will be good to move, but the actual content (banners, etc) must stay on the same server. It's sad, I know, but it's gotta happen due to how wildcard dns is handled.
River

Post by River »

Well, I would prefer keeping just one domain name.

So, if the script just allows external mysql databases it will be good.

As I said, this isn't a problem for me yet but it may be some day so that's why I am requisting it now. :)

I really like this script. I have tried others and I can say echohph is extremly superior to them, but external mysql db access, or some simular solution I think is required some day.
PN Matt

Post by PN Matt »

River wrote:Well, I would prefer keeping just one domain name.

So, if the script just allows external mysql databases it will be good.

As I said, this isn't a problem for me yet but it may be some day so that's why I am requisting it now. :)

I really like this script. I have tried others and I can say echohph is extremly superior to them, but external mysql db access, or some simular solution I think is required some day.
Thats not a solution though. Server load, CPU + RAM usage are also a major factor.
River

Post by River »

wouldn't CPU + RAM usage go down if some mysql databases were located on another server?
PN Matt

Post by PN Matt »

River wrote:wouldn't CPU + RAM usage go down if some mysql databases were located on another server?
I wouldn't think so unless you had a server balancer, as all the people would be on the primary server just using the info of the mySQL on a different hosting account.

(Could be wrong)
echophp

Post by echophp »

If you get server high load relate to mysql server, you should move databases to another server. echoPHP MF support single mysql host so you have to move all phpBB MF databases to the new mysql server if you want to do it.

When you use a remote mysql server, just need to change $dbhost = 'localhost'; to $dbhost = 'xxx.xxx.xxx.xx'; in /mf_functions/multiconfig.php.

That's all.
River

Post by River »

Well, I would request feature for multiple mysql host option.

I run my forumhost on shared server account and I got my a mail today from my host that my site has used excessive server resources and they said profiles.php was the file in question.

They disabled profiles.php so my forums still work but not profiles. It's weird they just disabled profiles. I would guess that part of phpbb wouldn't use so much.

Not sure what to do now. I have deleted some old forums aswell as spam forums and I wrote them back asking they enable profiles again but this could be a bad thing.

This host had reputation of being very generous with bandwidth and server use.

Don't know if there's an issue with profiles.php taking up too many resources, a bug or some spam sites using it...... of if its the fact that my forum hosting simply has gotten too large for this kind of shared accont. :(