So, when can we expect stability here?

Your feedback helps improve our products. This is the place to post them
twhiting9275

So, when can we expect stability here?

Post by twhiting9275 »

It's been over a year since you announced v3 RC4, yet you still haven't put a "stable" product out there.

While there may be some that are happy working with an "RC" state release, it makes it rather hard to work with someone who can't maintain a professional schedule here. A year is waaay too long to keep a product (esp paid products) in RC status.

Some of us are actually trying to get the product used, but can't modify it BECAUSE of this RC state (you're going to change things until it's stable), so please, tell us WHEN will we see a product that is declared STABLE? I think it's very long overdue!
Linux Tech Networks, Quality, affordable Linux Systems Administration
TJWI- Support for Free Hosting Software
echophp

Post by echophp »

Hello,

You can expect the stability here at the end of year. We understand your expectation. We are sure that it will be "stable" soon for all clients here.

Thank you for your inquiry.
twhiting9275

Post by twhiting9275 »

Let me guess, you meant by the end of 2009?
Come on now! Don't you think you've kept clients waiting long enough for a STABLE, RELEASE QUALITY package?
echophp

Post by echophp »

I'm sorry, we can't release it for a stable now, we need some more time.
twhiting9275

Post by twhiting9275 »

Well, Gee
You've had, what, a year and a half now.
You promised a 'stable' release by the end of last year
You have done nothing but stall and lie here. How is this supposed to make people want to purchase your script?

This is an excellent example of poor programming practices.

You're paid by clients to keep things updated, yet, have you done so? No.
You're paid by clients to keep and adhere to a schedule. Have you done so? No
You're paid by clients to develop your product. Have you done so? NO

Come on, people. To continually stall is just ridiculous. Adhere to PROPER programming practices, set dates, meet them, and STOP sitting on your collective tails, stalling releases!
alex2004

Post by alex2004 »

I dont get it. Dont you want more features then?

I like these updates!
twhiting9275

Post by twhiting9275 »

alex2004 wrote:I dont get it. Dont you want more features then?

I like these updates!
By professional standards, RC releases are not for 'new features'.

RC releases are release candidate releases, feature locked, ONLY for bugfixes and testing.

Do I not like features? Of course. The problem isn't "I want features", but that stability is required over features. ALL RC releases are 'considered stable', and work for the most part, but are NOT stable.

Holding and stalling an RC release for over a year is unprofessional and unacceptable.

If you add features, the release becomes a BETA release, not an RC release!
DR_GIGGULS

Post by DR_GIGGULS »

OK, sorry for my attitude, I appreciate what you've done for this community of several people, but... why are you whining because of some sign which says "stable"?

As you said - you are happy with the script. You just aren't happy with the "RC" sign which you and only you see on your website. And you are annoyed by just seeing it, not that it causes you any trouble.

I just don't get it.
twhiting9275

Post by twhiting9275 »

why are you whining because of some sign which says "stable"?
It is not just 'some sign which says stable'. You can see what the problem is (and no it's not "whining") if you READ the thread!
Some of us are actually trying to get the product used, but can't modify it BECAUSE of this RC state (you're going to change things until it's stable)
The fact is that an RC release is NOT a stable release. When using products like this, you HAVE to wait until a stable release (over a year and a half here) to integrate addons and plugins, because things WILL CHANGE!

Is it echo's fault that a professional organization waits? No. it IS however, their fault that they delayed releases for OVER a year now by not following professional release guidelines!
twhiting9275

Post by twhiting9275 »

Wow, here we are 6 months off of what you said you'd have 'stable' released by. Come on people, is there even development going ON here???

Meanwhile, phpBB3 is up to 3.0.5, you are behind by a number of releases, and what's the excuse?? Seriously!!!!

Can we get JUST a bit of professionality here? I mean, you ARE paid to develop a product, right??? How about showing some initiative and doing that!!!

This is seriously embarassing for your company here. phpBB3 has been out for better than a year now, you've been working on an upgrade for what, close to 2 years, and yet you refuse to put out a stable product? Maybe if you actually followed STANDARDS instead of just throwing everything including the kitchen sink in an RC, things would have been ready MONTHS ago

uggh, I swear, professional much?
marc8358

Re: So, when can we expect stability here?

Post by marc8358 »

You can expect the stability end of the year.
walker935

Post by walker935 »

You can expect the stability here at the end of year. We understand your expectation. We are sure that it will be "stable" soon for all clients here. Thanks you......
twhiting9275

Post by twhiting9275 »

hurry234 wrote: As you said - you are happy with the script. You just aren't happy with the "RC" sign which you and only you see on your website. And you are annoyed by just seeing it, not that it causes you any trouble.
TRY to understand that this is years old, mkay?
All your statements have actually been responded to. Next time, try reading the thread
Some of us are actually trying to get the product used, but can't modify it BECAUSE of this RC state (you're going to change things until it's stable)
I have no problem with RC products, or with using them, but let's face facts here. This "team" took 3 years to get a simple upgrade released. All along they kept promising it was coming, but provided nothing.

In the mean time, customers want addons. Addons can't be provided until the script itself is stable enough to use (it wasn't, and still barely is). Why should my customers (ie: free hosting clients) have to suffer because of the lack of motivation behind the scenes here?