Patch for 'echoPHP phpBB MultiForums v3.0.0 RC4' released

Information on new releases or updates to existing products or services will be posted here.
echophp

Patch for 'echoPHP phpBB MultiForums v3.0.0 RC4' released

Post by echophp »

Dear beautiful members,

We have just released a patch package for echoPHP phpBB MultiForums 3.0.0 RC4. It's patch_echoPHP phpBB MultiForums 3.0.0.RC4.zip. You can download it here without logging into your account.

This patch fixes and updates following discovered bugs:
+ fixed: Word Filter prints errors upon checking submited content from complex HTML form.
+ fixed: MF doesn't install specified style for new signups (phpBB3 only).
+ fixed: bad submission detected message redirects users to home page.
+ updated: use redirect status 301 instead of 302 for SEO purpose.

For more information about this patch and how to complete it, please read README.txt in the package.

If you download the full package and the upgrade package after this post, you don't need to use this patch, it's now included.

We encourage all clients upload this patch to fix important bugs as soon as possible.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at our helpdesk (http://help.echophp.com) at anytime.

Thank you.
Last edited by echophp on Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
twhiting9275

Post by twhiting9275 »

What about the REST of the problems? Are we just going to pretend that they don't exist?
Linux Tech Networks, Quality, affordable Linux Systems Administration
TJWI- Support for Free Hosting Software
PN Matt

Post by PN Matt »

Hello echo,

Will i need to upload this? Or did you fix this for me when i sent that ticket in.

Thanks!
echophp

Post by echophp »

twhiting9275 wrote:What about the REST of the problems? Are we just going to pretend that they don't exist?
I don't understand, can you please explain more?
echophp

Post by echophp »

PN Matt wrote:Hello echo,

Will i need to upload this? Or did you fix this for me when i sent that ticket in.

Thanks!
Please upload this. Thanks.
twhiting9275

Post by twhiting9275 »

echophp wrote:
twhiting9275 wrote:What about the REST of the problems? Are we just going to pretend that they don't exist?
Are you KIDDING? Do you even READ your own threads here?
What part of the bugs pointed out in that thread do you not understand?
There are so many bugs that it's not even funny, INCLUDING the get_vars garbage thrown out by your company.

Come on now, show a LITTLE bit of professionalism here, please!
echophp

Post by echophp »

twhiting9275 wrote:
echophp wrote:
Are you KIDDING? Do you even READ your own threads here?
What part of the bugs pointed out in that thread do you not understand?
There are so many bugs that it's not even funny, INCLUDING the get_vars garbage thrown out by your company.

Come on now, show a LITTLE bit of professionalism here, please!
I understand you now. The issue with get_var() function is not a bug, the files might not uploaded correctly. I have replied to the client via the helpdesk because he also submitted a ticket.
twhiting9275

Post by twhiting9275 »

No, it's a bug. You have functions that are commonly named (such as get_var) and conflict with other functions. You need to make SURE that your functions do not conflict with others.

Just because you say it's not a bug doesn't make it not a bug. Just because YOU want to do things one way, and overwrite major function names doesn't mean it's RIGHT!
echophp

Post by echophp »

twhiting9275 wrote:No, it's a bug. You have functions that are commonly named (such as get_var) and conflict with other functions. You need to make SURE that your functions do not conflict with others.

Just because you say it's not a bug doesn't make it not a bug. Just because YOU want to do things one way, and overwrite major function names doesn't mean it's RIGHT!
I agree with you that MF's functions should not named like phpBB's functions. the get_var() function was designed to use for MF admin area, it was not intended to use for other section. But for some reason, we have to use it. We will rename it for the next release to avoid potential issues. Thanks.